2021: a year of significant change, summary

December 2020 I had reservations about accepting my word for 2021. Change. When the word significant was attached to it in early January I became even more reluctant. What would significant change entail? A move? A new relationship? A loss? 

Yes, yes and yes. 

"No man is an island". What I do affects others, what others do affects me. 



What are some of the changes that occurred in my life this year?

I see some things more clearly, others are more muddled.

My priorities are changing.

I've set some boundaries.

I am making decisions differently. 

Family relationships are changing.

Two of my children moved. One didn't affect me because they live too far away for a same day visit and their move was simply to a different house in the same area.The other move was a  significant change. Instead of 35 minutes away Jonathan and his family are now more than four hours away. 

I have a new granddaughter.

I found the ten pounds I lost in 2020, a very unwelcome change.

I have been forced to accept the loss of strength in my physical body which has resulted in the loss of some independence and self reliance, changes to plans and projects and the way some things get done. 

I accepted a new job and resigned from an old one. Different  ministry opportunities, expectations and responsibilities come with the new job. I am being stretched in ways I've never been stretched.

I've experienced relationship changes. Some new people have become significant in my life and I've become more settled with accepting the truth that not all relationships are meant to be significant and those that are do not necessarily remain that way for a lifetime. Some close friendships are for a specific season and when that season passes, the relationship changes.

I am not the same person I was a year ago. None of us are. 

I've learned that significance has nothing to do with the size of a change, but with the impact. And sometimes it isn't easy to see the change or recognize the impact of a small change, especially immediately. 

Life is fluid. 

Choosing to live rather than exist means change is inevitable.

I'm more okay with that now than I was a year ago and that is a significant change.

Comments

Popular Posts