cookie love

The doorbell rang Sunday evening after dark. I went to the door, turned on the light and smiled when I saw one of my sweet KCU adoptees standing on my porch. She held out a gift and tears started down my face. I was overwhelmed that she would think of me. She explained that her family makes an assortment of cookies and shares them with family and friends at Christmas. This young lady is living in Grayson, apart from her family. But the tradition is important to her. I am honored to be a recipient of her kindness. 


I too have made candy cane cookies-I'm not sure they ever actually looked like a candy cane though. She nailed it!

 


This girl not only makes beautiful cookies, they taste even better than they look! Maybe they are sweeter because they were made with love and hand delivered with along with a note. What I know for sure is that investing in the lives of others comes back to you as a blessing with interest. 

Thank you Debby, for the gift of allowing me to be part of your life and for the Christmas cookies!


Comments

Popular Posts