from the rising of the sun, to the setting of the same

I woke up this morning before sunrise
for some of you that isn't a big deal,
but for me,
it is-
especially without an alarm set
dawn had already dispelled the darkness
I got up from the couch to take a picture
when I laid back down I noticed the clouds-
they were in horizontal lines
five of them,
like a musical staff




a perfect frame for the song I had awakened to and not been able to silence:
"great is Your faithfulness to me, great is Your faithfulness to me...
from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same I will praise Your name,
great is Your faithfulness to me..."
it has been on repeat all day,
ministering to my heart,
bolstering my faith
because from experience I know:
in every storm
in every valley
in every desert place
on every mountain top
in the curves and straight stretches
in the good
in the bad
in the ugly
in the light
in the dark 
in the chaos 
in the mundane
in the calm
every moment
every day
great has been God's faithfulness to me,
even when I was not faithful

so from the rising of the sun, 
to the setting of the same-
and even through the night, 
when it comes natural
when it has to be a conscious choice 
I will praise His name 
because great is His faithfulness 
always and all ways

Comments

Popular Posts