the rest of 2022 is about to unfold

Rest

I don't know what the future holds, but I do know the God who holds me. I know that when storms come, He is with me. Nothing I face takes Him by surprise. I rest in that.


"God won't give you anything you can't handle". 

That platitude is meant to be an encouragement, but I think it is a lie, straight from the pit of hell, sent to deceive us into questioning our faith and/or our relationship with God, because there have been many things that have come into my life that I couldn't handle. I think the truth is that nothing will come our way that He can't handle, that He won't help us through. And in that, I have, do and will continue to rest. 

But there must be more to it...

I don't know what I don't know, but there is something about rest I don't have a grasp on, something I need to learn, something I need to discover, something more I need to practice, because rest is the word I've been given for 2022.

some supplemental words that have come alongside it include:
Breathe
Be Still
Pause

I want to practice breathing in His presence more deeply.
I want to intentionally be still, not strive to "do" when He calls me to simply be.
I want to pause, taking note of what points me to Him and what entices me away.
When December 31, 2022 comes I want to know what it is to live, working and thinking and choosing and acting from the place of resting in Him more completely. 


Comments

Popular Posts