feeling barren? stripped? ugly?

usually it is the sky that draws my attention

Wednesday evening it served only as a backdrop for the trees


barren
ugly
empty
stripped 
naked
damage and flaws clearly exposed



all words I've used to describe trees this time of year, 
words I have felt describe my life at different times
hard words to see any positive in

tonight I heard them whisper 
"we are not so different, you and us"
"looks can be deceiving"
"I am not barren"
"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
"I am not empty"
"stripped means nothing hidden"
"naked before my Maker is a beautiful thing"
"our Creator has a purpose for us and will use us, even though we are flawed-damaged by storms, pests and man"


I ended the evening with a different view
reminded that this is a season of rest for them,
and rest doesn't mean inactivity-
inside there is vital work going on 
labor needed to prepare for new growth
and I am invited to be like them
Just look at those winter trees-aren't they beautiful?

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And He who searches hearts knows what is in the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:26-28

Comments

Popular Posts