A True Love Story Never Ends





I saw this one day when Sarah and I were shopping, I told her liked it and 
SURPRISE! 
the kids got it for me for Christmas.


I hung it on the family photos wall before I sat down to watch a movie with my girls.


Two lines from the movie stick out in my mind.


1. "Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times,
if one will only remember to turn on the light."

2. The ones who love us never really leave us,
you can always find them...here."
(The speaker reaches out and touches the listeners chest, over their heart)

So many thoughts are racing through my mind.

1. My darkest times emotionally & spiritually are when I find myself focused on and dwelling in my pain and loss. 
That is not to say I should never feel pain or the sting of my loss, but I must be careful to not take up residence there.

2. Though Bill is not here on earth, memories of him live in my mind and in my heart- I pray they will always be there. 

Physical truth:

1.Darkness can never extinguish light, 
but light always dispels darkness.
The darker it is, 
the less light it takes to make a difference.
If you don't believe this, 
light a candle in a dark room.

2. I miss Bill terribly, but I love him too much to wish he was back here on earth. When the darkness of grief comes, I cry-and I remember to "turn on the light". I know where Bill is and I rejoice that he is living in the Light of the Lord's presence in heaven. "And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb." Revelation 21:23

Spiritual truth:

1. Jesus is the Light of life. 

"The light shines in the darkness, 
and the darkness has not overcome it."
John 1:5

2. Jesus lives in the heart of believers.

"...I bow my knees before the Father, ...,that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:14-21

The Christmas season is all about remembering Jesus
-Immanuel-
God with us 
Matthew 1:23

Life is about remembering and doing what Jesus taught:

"And Jesus came and said to them, 
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, 
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. 
Matthew 28:18-19
and remember His promise:
And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:20

Comments

Popular Posts