life is a dance

I have heard it said that life is a dance...

If that is true, I am in serious trouble!

Not in my wildest imaginings would I consider myself a dancer. I feel awkward even considering dancing. 
(If I could get my body to move the way my mind thinks...)

I have been mulling "life is a dance" over this evening, thinking about the kinds of dance I have heard of, 
and light heartedly I thought, "I do dance*".
As I scrolled quickly through Wikipedia's glossary of dance moves I recognized some of them in my life.
*Dancing and being a dancer are two totally different things.

Sometimes I do the three step. (Three steps forward, two steps back.)

Sometimes I do the two step. (Two steps forward, three steps back.)

Sometimes I shuffle.

Sometimes I hustle.

Sometimes I stomp.

Sometimes I tap my foot.

Sometimes I want to kick.

Sometimes I break.

Sometimes I am in a spin.

Sometimes all I can do is sway.

I don't know if I have ever felt like I was "waltzing through life". 

At the bottom of the Wikipedia list I found something exciting-
guess what?
I qualify as a dancer!

"The Walk is probably the most basic dance move.  It exists in almost every dance...In dance descriptions the term walk is usually applied when two or more steps are taken in the same direction. A single step, e.g., forward, is called just thus: 'step forward'."

As long as I am walking, 
I am dancing-
even if it is awkward,
even if I am not quite in step,
even if I stumble,
even if I slow down,
even if the rhythm is unfamiliar,
life is a dance.
I am not sitting this one out,
I am going to keep walking.


"Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving."
Colossians 2:6&7

Comments

Popular Posts