reprieve

reprieve:
any respite or temporary relief

Reprieve is my word for today.

It has been a hard few weeks.

Grief has been LOUD and active and heavy.

I went to a Christmas party this evening.
The other guests were KCU friends-
many worked with Bill.
There were couples and singles.

It could have been hard.
It could have been awkward.
But it wasn't.

I did not cry.
I laughed.
I had fun.

I don't know what made today different,
but I find that tonight, 
alongside my joy,
I am happy.

Grief is a long road.

I have found there are oases along the way.

Tonight, my "heart" is at rest, relaxed, rejoicing.

(Maybe it is the white elephant gift I was privileged to bring home...)

"He's got the whole world in His hands,
He's got the whole wide world in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands,
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got you and me sister, in His hands
He's got you and me brother in His hands..."

Comments

Popular Posts