loneliness

God is enough.
I believe that.
I experience that daily.

Yet, 
honestly, 
there are times I experience loneliness 
that cannot be taken away or lifted,
no matter how many people are around.

Even in a room full of people I love, 
a room full of people who love me,
the loneliness lurks-
because the person I am lonely for 
has been taken away.

God is my strength and my comfort,
and He fills me in a way no one else does.
But I would be lying if I said I am never lonely for Bill.

This new reality is surreal-
I know Bill isn't coming home to me, 
he is already home in heaven.
But in some ways I still expect to see him walk toward me-
like he did here, when he returned from his visit to Salekhard.
The next time I see him, we will both be with Jesus.
Oh what a glorious day that will be!

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts