finished

My big plans for Christmas gifts this year,
for children and grandchildren
was cash.

Decision making finished.

Not wanting to wait until the last minute
I went to the bank last week
and got what I needed.

I was finished.

Then came the week before Christmas-
I started thinking about the grandchildren
and Christmas morning.

All of a sudden I was NOT finished!

I went this weekend and did some random shopping.
Got home, and when the dust settled, was surprised-
I had "the perfect gifts" for each one.

I was finished.

This evening Beth and Ruth and their families arrive
so I decided to wrap gifts this afternoon.
Paper, tape, tags, scissors, pen, two hours.

I was finished.

I sat looking at the piles of gifts.
Including the wrapped stocking gifts.
Suddenly it hit me-"from" is only grandma.

I was finished.

I went to my room, crawled under the covers,
knees to chest, hugged my pillow tight
and cried the ugly cry.

Until I was finished.

I know there will be more tears.
I know there will be laughter.
It is the nature of this life.

Until it is finished.

Then I will pass from life to LIFE.
Jesus lived, died and resurrected.
He conquered death and sin.

It is finished!

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:31-39

It is finished!


Comments

  1. HUGS to you dear one! He sees and hears your tears. They are precious to Him. You know that, I know that. We have never met,I only know your daughter through her husband and her husband through his mom whom I served alongside of; but know please, the Lord has put you on my heart and it has not gone away, and know that I am praying for you, especially during the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and well, all the days. My heart is praying for you.. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts