good friends don't care if you are sweaty and stinky


I looked rough
I smelled rougher
baking a couple of hours in the sun at the KCU spring football game
then mowing and weed eating a little over an hour will do that to you
and I was just beginning to clean the church

Anita didn't care, 
she invited me to come out to the farm
I asked if they were going to be outside
because I knew how I would look and smell after another layer of sweat
"yep, we'll be out all evening"

it took twice as long as I thought
the guys who installed the new windows did a good job cleaning up
but dust was everywhere
I called the house
sure they were in for the night
Tiff answered the phone
"your mom invited me out, but I figured they are in for the night"
"dad's still out there,
Hey, dad come here a minute, Donnette wants to talk to you"
"Hi Ron, Anita invited me out but I just got done, are you guys in?"
"nope, I just started a fire"

I had laundry to do
I needed gasoline in the car 
it was 8:30
I smelled awful
I hadn't had supper

I swallowed my pride and dismissed the reasons I couldn't go
and asked, "can I have a peanut butter sandwich or hot dog?"
"yep, you can have p.b.j, a hot dog, a s'more, anything you want"
what I was really hungry for was their fellowship 
I got it and came home fully and satisfied

Comments

Popular Posts