rest little one

Bre posted this picture of our sweet Abram last evening. He is completely relaxed. He hasn't a care in the world. When I look at this photo my heart swells with thankfulness for his life. It does not take me back to when my children were newborn because he is much smaller than all but one of my six.

I keep returning to gaze at my youngest grandchild. My heart yearns. To hold him? Yes. Who wouldn't want to snuggle that beautiful child? But more than that, I want to live continually, rather than occasionally, resting contentedly like Abe was in that photo. Knowing that my Father has everything under control. I want to remain aware of God's presence and watchcare. I do not want to be distracted or discouraged by all that clamors for attention.



Andrew texted this picture of Abram yesterday afternoon. 

All too often though, I find myself looking like the second picture. At least on the inside. Over the years I have developed the ability to hide or at least muffle the loud cries of complaining. Whining. Frustration. Anger. Pain. 


As I write this I can hear God's Spirit whisper to my soul, 
"Rest, sweet little one. 
You have the tools to make that choice, I cannot make it for you.
Will you do it? 
Simply rest. " 

"Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, 
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

Popular Posts