learning to live as one

November 7, 2011 
1977-2017
maybe I have identified the subconscious tear trigger
this year Bill and I would have celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary

40 years ago in March Bill asked me to marry him
and I began the process of learning how two people
begin to "live as one"

1977-2014
37 years of daily practicing living as one
came to an rude, abrupt, unwelcome, screeching halt

Bill and I were not joined at the hip- 
we did not even remotely do everything together
but our lives were comfortably, securely woven together

August 29,2014-April 10, 2017
I am almost three years into this of process of learning to live as one,
as a single woman

I do not spend my days longing for or focusing on what was,
that would be a waste of time and energy
but there are moments when loss slaps my face or punches me in the gut

everyday I become more fully aware that it is exactly that-
a process, 
and it is going to take a while to learn how to comfortably do it

I know that God is always with me,
He is my Provider, Sustainer, Comforter, etc.
I also know He often uses people to be His hands and feet and arms

and so, I am thankful for those of you who love me,
who cover me with prayer and encourage me
because I know that though I am living as one, I do not live alone

Comments

Popular Posts