miles apart

Jonathan, Sarah, Elizabeth, me, Deborah, Ruth, Andrew
taken last September
Deborah and her family were in for a short furlough

each time we found out we were going to have a baby we began praying for that child and I haven't stopped praying 
I never will

as they married and had children of their own I simply added to my list

one of the things I prayed when they were young was that they would grow to know God personally and that they would allow Him to use them

I also prayed God would prepare my heart for whatever He had in store 

rejoicing that they each have a relationship with the Lord is exciting

being thankful that they allow God to use them is the right thing 

praying for my heart was a wise thing 

being transparent about all of that is easy 

however, 
sometimes it gets complicated to be transparent
because it can be misconstrued
sometimes I wonder if people think the rejoicing and thankfulness come naturally, 
easily, without a struggle for me
it doesn't always

sometimes I want to be selfish in my prayers

sometimes I don't want to accept how God is working

sometimes it is a battle to continue to do what I know is right 

sometimes I ask, "Lord, why do You have to move them far away, surely there is work they could do right here in Carter County"

and sometimes I throw things...
my hands up in the air
a temper tantrum
a pity party
a fit

when I stop listening to the whisperer of discontent, 
when I refocus on the eternal rather than the temporary,
I find myself thankful that God allows us to join Him in ministry. 
I get excited. 
I like to travel and now there are a lot of places I get to visit.
soon we will add Washington/Oregon for Ruth
Kentucky- Sarah, Jonathan, me
Ohio- Elizabeth
Indiana- Andrew
Russia- Deborah

my life's purpose, concisely put, is Colossians 2:2-3. 

"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." New International Version

"that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." New American Standard Version

Comments

Popular Posts