comparing the benefits 262/366

Anyone else feeling poked and prodded. Taunted. Baited. Tempted to be disheartened or discouraged by things in life? When I pulled my mail from the box this morning all of those feelings swarmed me, like a nest of stirred up hornets. I wanted to scream "STOP! Just stop it! Can you please not send Bill any more mail!" (I've had several of these types of mailings this week.)
As I walked back to the house a calmness overtook me. Or maybe it was a bit of craziness because suddenly I wanted to laugh. Why?
There are not an abundance of statements I can make with 100% confidence, but here is one: There is no plan on earth that can give Bill more benefits than what he currently has. And today? Today I am going to be thankful for this reminder that life here has some benefits, but it is temporary, and what is to come is far superior. 


"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones." Psalm 116:15

 "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21

Comments

Popular Posts