more 2020 confusion 256/366

Sitting on my back porch this afternoon, out of the corner of my eye I saw a tiny patch of purple where purple should not be and realized my special gift had opened! I wanted to document and share my mid-September lilac so I got up close and personal with the bloom and smiled bigger because of the small guest perched there enjoying the gift and sunshine as well.


I gave the whole bush a "once over" and had to look again...and again...apparently I am not the only one confused by how long 2020 has been. It appears my lilac thinks it has been long enough that what I thought was disease turning the leaves all brown and barren was the lilac convinced it was an extremely mild winter and that now it is spring 2021. Why do I think that? I counted at least 2 dozen more places where blooms are forthcoming. I'll take this confused surprise of 2020 with pure thanksgiving.


"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the God of gods,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting."
Psalm 136:1-3

Comments

Popular Posts