when things get broken in a "throw away" society 259/366

it's no secret that we live in a broken world
and that we are broken people
and that repairing what is broken is most often a process


that was brought home, 
vividly, 
today as I focused on my newest "issue"

I could just go and look at new refrigerators
after all, the door hinge is broken on mine, 
or I could look inside the one that's paid for,
locate the model number
and write it down

google 
always google
because I am not a trained professional


























amazon
often amazon
because it is quick and convenient



place the order
wait
because delivery takes time

when the part(s) gets here I will:
compare it to the broken pieces 
if it's a match?
call someone to come help me because it's too big a job for me

if it isn't?
maybe cry before I start again
definitely return the part for a refund

life works this way too
you have to identify what is broken
look for what's needed for the repair
weigh your options if there is more than one choice
look for the right help if it's something you can't handle on your own
see if what you chose works
and if it doesn't,
go back to the drawing board
try again

and sometimes cry
multiple times
we live in a "throw away" society
so I would caution you to look at what is broken
it may need to be replaced,
but it may very well be worth repairing/saving/restoring
I encourage you, don't give up too easily or quickly

Comments

Popular Posts