sometimes a tack feels like a full on attack 258/366

 It is easier to sit on a mountain than it is to sit on a tack.

First thing this morning,
I opened the refrigerator 
as it kind of groaned
I thought
"that sounded weird"
about the same time 
I heard something hit the floor:


The investigation of where it came from 
and why I heard a sound I've never heard before
didn't take long.
It's a washer type thing
from the bottom hinge
but since today's "to do list" was full
I knew that repair would have to go on a "tomorrow or Wednesday" list.

Today's "to do"?
A new sewer line.
I've been calling it preventative maintenance when people ask why,
but after today,
as things got uncovered,
I am calling it
God's looking out for me in the future.



They will be back tomorrow to finish.
An inspector needs to come and sign off on the work
which means part of the supplies are still "out and about",
not where they need to be,
including this:



I took some items to the Blessings Box located catty corner from the car wash pictured.
As I was returning home I noticed someone investigating the machinery.
I prepared to call the plumber to alert him to a possible threat to his equipment.
I got closer and recognized the person looking.
He maintains the carwash and was simply curious about what was going on.

I claimed what's pictured,
explained why it was there
and he asked if they'd gotten permission to dump the gravel at the car wash.

"I don't know" was my uncomfortable reply.
"Surely they did. They wouldn't just dump it" was his.
About six times in less than a minute.
I assured him that by tomorrow evening he wouldn't even know it had been there.
As I walked away
I wanted to look over my shoulder and scream
"Does it really matter?"

That's when I was reminded,
it is easier to sit on a mountain
like finding out I have termites behind the shed
and knowing I needed to find new homes for everything behind it
and knowing my backyard would be torn up as they put in the sewer line
and my concrete work will probably need postponed to spring
than it is to sit on a tack
like having that washer thingy break
and having someone ask me about a pile of gravel...

maybe I need to spend a little extra time with Jesus to end this day

"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, 
and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. 
For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."
Luke 6:45

"Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24

"Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
    keep watch over the door of my lips."
Psalm 141:3

Comments

Popular Posts