when feet tell a story 245/366


oh,

my,

feet,

and the story they tell







these are untouched, unmanipulated pictures of my feet
it's kind of hard to look at them and not laugh
I mean, those lines though!

but those lines tell a story
I walk, an hour, daily, and most often wear no show socks and tennis shoes
it's also obvious that I've been wearing my chacos on a regular basis

the tan lines don't lie
and the tan lines don't bother me
the calluses and two discolored toenails I didn't show are another story 

a thought occurred to me when I glanced down and saw those lines tonight
"it's pretty obvious where I'm exposed to the sun
and what is covered up, hidden from it"

quickly followed by "it's obvious which parts of my life I expose to the Son of God 
and which ones I try to keep hidden from Him." 
My attitudes, actions, choices and reactions don't lie.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way."
Psalm 139:23-24 NASB

Comments

Popular Posts