splinters hurt 268/366


I don't know how, 
I don't know when,
I don't know where,
but I got it sometime today.
I didn't notice it and it didn't bother me at all-
until I ran a washcloth over my wrist.
A small splinter.

I was able to remove it easily.
It was a little sore when I took care of it less than an hour ago-
but when I just rubbed my finger over it, 
no pain, it's already begun the healing process.
Past experience tells me that if the splinter were still there-ouch.

I wonder what "splinters" have gotten under my skin
in my spiritual life, 
in my emotional life,
in my my thoughts,
that I am unaware of?

What is festering,
waiting to be "touched" in passing 
that will cause unpleasantness,
perhaps even splinter a relationship,
for me or someone else?

Whose fault is it that I react negatively
when I am rubbed the wrong way. 
The person who committed the "offense"
or my lack of self awareness
and refusal to take the time to do self health checks?
Excuse while I take some time to humble myself and pray.
I think there are some things that need lanced or removed from my heart...


"Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts!
24 
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting!" Psalm 139:23-24


"Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye." Luke 6:41-42

Comments

Popular Posts