looking a little frazzled 272/366


It was a beautiful fall day here in Grayson KY so it will come as no surprise to you that I spent the majority of my daylight hours outside, part of them on the porch swing. I had some computer maintenance to do and when the screen went dark (as part of the maintenance) the sun was in just the right spot that I caught a reflection of myself. Just look at those wisps of hair blowing in a hundred different directions. My immediate observation was "This is what frazzled looks like."

Before I went outside I had brushed my hair and it was pulled back in a nice, smooth ponytail. At this point I hadn't done anything particularly strenuous. All it took was the gentle, occasional breeze, something I enjoyed and took as a positive part of the day, to create this "mess". And I didn't even realize it was happening. 

I didn't feel frazzled, but I sure did look it.

The longer I looked at my reflection the bigger I smiled. I've decided I like the fly away look. My thought process is this: "if the cost of living and investing and moving and enjoying life is looking frazzled, (in this case being outside, walking and having the wind caress my face) so be it. I'd rather look frazzled because I am engaged in life than look "smooth" because I am not involved. That false representation is too high a price to consider paying. 


Comments

Popular Posts