attention deficit

deficit-(n) a lack or shortage
attention-(n)
1. the act or faculty of attending, esp. by directing the mind to an object.
2. observant care; consideration
3. notice or awareness
4. attentions, acts of courtesy or devotion indicating affection, as in courtship.

Attention deficit: a lack or shortage of attention.
All living things thrive when given proper attention.
This includes our relationship with God.

There is no attention deficit on His part:
from Psalm 139
"O Lord You have searched me and You know me...Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O Lord...You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb...All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be..."

What about on our part of the relationship?
When was the last time you
(1) stopped to direct your mind to think only of Him
(2) considered what He wants from you
(3) noticed Him
(4) showed devotion/affection toward Him

Does knowing you are His ever take your breath away?

from Psalm 119:9-16
"I seek You with all my heart...
I have hidden Your word in my heart...
Praise be to You O God...
I rejoice in following Your statutes...
I meditate on Your precepts and consider Your ways. I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect Your word."

Comments

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts