poison ivy

While weeding at KCU I didn't see the leaves of three so I did not let them be- and I am now paying the price. Both hands and arms have poison ivy. Itchy, itchy, itchy.

This afternoon I have been thinking about poison ivy and sin.
(Strange, I know.)

Knowing what poison ivy looks like improves your chances of avoiding it.
(Never stop learning what God considers to be sin.)

Always be on guard. I expect poison ivy in the woods- not in flower beds.
(Not all brushes with sin are intentional.)

Even though I was doing a "good thing" I am suffering- and it isn't anyone's fault.
(Unless I go back and blame Adam and Eve!)

Even though I have washed off the poison, the consequences of my encounter with poison remain.
(Repentance leads to forgiveness but it does not guarantee a lack of pain.)

So, now that Andrew has educated me:"Leaves of three let it be, leaves of four pull some more." I will be more careful when I work in flower beds.
(And, I am thankful for those times that I have not gotten what I deserved. If I did, I would be suffering much more often!)

I also wonder-is this what a dog with fleas feels like?

Comments

Popular Posts