intersections

intersections

the point where two roads meet
decisions are made
direction can be changed
intentionally or unintentionally


if the driver is not paying attention
a turn can be missed
causing stress or frustration
adding time and unnecessary mileage to a trip

if the driver is distracted
they can miss the signal or sign to stop 
and t-bone an innocent driver
causing unnecessary pain and injury

as I was driving home from Sarah's today
I approached numerous intersections
at one point Siri gave me conflicting directions
and I ended up needing to make a U Turn

each intersection 
was a place to exercise caution
and to make progress 
we achieved our goal and travelled safely

every single day includes situations, 
intersections if you will,
that require decisions
I try to approach them with care

knowing there is always the danger of being side swiped
knowing I may miss a turn
knowing I may encounter detours
knowing the destination, Home, will never change

today I prayed as I drove 
1) that I will never be the cause of a collision that causes injury
2) that I might stay on course, detours, missed turns and all
3) that I might live a life others can follow and arrive Home safely

Comments

Popular Posts