when the future looms large and uncertain



Every once in awhile what lies ahead of me looms large and uncertain in my mind. I can't help but wonder what it will contain because it isn't going to be what I had imagined. At certain points in my life I had "plans" for what I thought I might do if Bill died and I was left to raise the kids by myself. I had to have a plan because the responsibility of parenthood is huge. Once the kids were grown it was not something I thought about. I "knew" that Bill and I would grow old together, he would continue working at KCU until he could no longer get up and leave the house and then...

The other night I was boldly prompted/reminded of a truth
as I was journaling at the end of a rabbit chase in my head: 
"I do not know what my future holds. But I do know who holds my future."

"I do not know what my future holds..."
but then again, 
none of us do, 
and for me it doesn't matter (most of the time anyway) because
"I do know the One who holds my future."
being mindful of that gives me complete peace
"He is beautiful."
beyond measure
"He is working, not only for my good, but for the good of His kingdom."
so I have nothing to fear

I do not have to know what my future holds.
I can be at peace and face each day with confidence 
as long as I remember
I know who holds my present and my future. He is faithful and trustworthy.
God has everything under control. 
He has a plan.
A beautiful, eternal plan. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts