Life, Death, Living

Life
-the day to day stuff-
can be hard.

Death
-the cessation of our heart beating-
 is certain.

Living, 
rather than merely existing, 
 is an option.

"I love You, O Lord
my strength. 
The Lord is my rock 
and my fortress 
and my deliverer, 
my God, 
my rock, 
in whom I take refuge, 
my shield, 
and the horn of my salvation, 
my stronghold."
Psalm 18:1-2

"I love You, O Lord,"
Lord:(Dictionary.com)
a person who has authority, control, or power over others; 
a master, chief, or ruler.

"I love You, O Lord, my strength.
strength:(Dictionary.com)
1. the quality or state of being strong;
2. mental power, force, or vigor
3. moral power, firmness, or courage

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock"
rock:(Dictionary.com)
a firm foundation or support:
The Lord is my rock.

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress"
fortress:(Dictionary.com)
any place of exceptional security; stronghold

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,"
deliverer:(Dictionary.com)
one who sets free or liberates

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God,"
God:(Dictionary.com)
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge" 
refuge:(Dictionary.com)
shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield,"
shield:(Dictionary.com)
to serve as a protection for

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation"
horn of salvation:(Oxford Biblical Studies Online)
indicates the saving power of the king

"I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
stronghold:(Dictionary.com)
a well-fortified place; fortress


I choose to live.
One day, one circumstance
one step at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts