I am the mom

I am the mom.

I am supposed to make all of the boo boos better.

Late last night as I sat on the couch, I grieved hard and deep.
I fought feelings of guilt:
because I cannot "fix" the hurt my children have 
because I have so many people taking care of me
because I don't know if anyone is caring for my children 
because I have not been able to "be there" for them 


Late last night as I sat on the couch, I prayed hard and long: 
for people to pour into my kids
that people will continue to lift each of us up in prayer
that we will remain faithful as we walk this long hard road
for those I know who are hurting-there are many
that I will be obedient in looking outside myself


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our affliction, 
so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, 
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Late last night as I sat on the couch, I thanked God for: 
His mercies
His comfort
my children
Elizabeth, Sarah, Deborah, Jonathan, Andrew and Ruth
their spouses
Mike, Kourtney, David, Jess, Bre and Kyle
my grandchildren
Hannah, Chloe, Cristian, Addyston, Noell, Kaelyn, Korah, Willow, Abigail, Selah, (baby boy due Thanksgiving week), Addi Bug, Benjamin, Xavier and (baby due Thanksgiving week)
my family through Jesus' blood
the children of my heart

I thank God that I was married to a man 
who wanted to build our family on the Lord.
I thank God that our children 
have each chosen to build their lives on the Lord.
We will make it through this 
because of the Lord.






Comments

Popular Posts