24 hours


All days hold 24 hours, but not all days, not all hours, are equal.

Some are long.
Some fly by.
Some are hard.
Some are a breeze.
Some challenge everything I believe to be true.
Some affirm everything I believe to be true.

Some days simply getting out of bed is an accomplishment, 
other days I pop out of bed ready to conquer the world.

Some days I am so tired I can barely move,
other days I have more energy than I know what to do with.

Some days the physical tasks before me are daunting,
other days I have nothing that needs to be done.

Some days the mental requirements feel far beyond my ability,
other days the most challenging thought process I face is deciding what color tee shirt to wear.

There are some times that the emotional toll is higher than I ever imagined I could endure,
but is always counter-balanced by a healing gift:
scripture,
an awareness of God's presence,
a sunrise,
a sunset,
a bird trilling,
a giggle,
a child's voice,
a flower,
a song,
a breeze,
a ray of sun through a cloud,
a note,
an "I love you",
a text,
a call,
a hug,
a storm,
a hand,
a smile,
a message,
a kind word,
a knowing look,
a time of cleansing tears,
a time of shared, comfortable silence.

One thing is constant. 
The One who created me, loves me. 
He sees, He hears, He knows, He cares. 
He never said life would be easy, without pain, sorrow or trouble. 
rest, in peace and confidence, knowing He is faithful and true. 
He sees, He hears, He knows, He cares. 
The One who created me, loves me. 
He is constant.

"I love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliver,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn f my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies."
Psalm 18:1-3



Behold, God is my helper;
the Lord is the upholder of my life."
Psalm 54:4



Comments

Popular Posts