Heaven


Heaven.
It was on my mind often this last month.
Not because Salekhard is heaven on earth,
but because of the time of year I went.
It was always light outside

By the time we left, 
there was no sunset, 
there was no sunrise.



I was obsessed. 
Even in the dead of night I rarely needed the light on to read or to write in my journal. 


This is about as dark as it ever got.
Taken from my window 1:19 AM, 

June 5 during a rainstorm.

Physically experiencing the power of the sun
to keep darkness away 24/7 
made me more aware of heaven.
Which is why I was standing outside 
at 12:38 on June 8 
hoping to see one last sunrise.


12:38 AM zoomed,
I thought I was seeing the sun come up...
12:39 regular shot so I could capture the sky

12:39 sun barely peeking-it was going down!
12:40 no sun 
12:44 Sunrise!
12:44 I wanted to get the sky again 
12:45 
12:47
One day 
I will live in the place 
where there is no need 
for the sun,
for the moon, 
nor a lamp. 
A place where there is no night.

"And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb."
Revelation 21:23
 "And there will no longer be any night; 
and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, 
because the Lord God will illumine them; ..."
Revelation 22:5

Comments

Popular Posts