Rest, in peace, is for the living


Rest...
I hear the call,
and I am learning to listen.

He sees my responsibilities.
I have learned that He is faithful, always,
to provide whatever I need
to do whatever He calls me to do.
Sometimes that means leaving things undone.

Busy 
may not be wrong,
but it does not equal obedient.

Rushed
having a full schedule,
is not an accurate measure of success.

Harried
because "stuff" happens,
can blind us to what the important "stuff" is.

Stop.
There is a lot to do.
But I may not be the one to do it.

Listen.
In the midst of the uproar,
there is a still, small voice calling out to me.

Wait.
The urgent things clamoring for attention
may not be the important thing I need to do.

Ministry, 
living in community,
takes hard work, practice and commitment.

Opportunities to minister 
are sometimes mistaken for interruptions
because they interfere with OUR planned activities.

Kindly.
Gently.
Quietly.
Patiently.
I hear Him calling.

Stop. 
Wait.
Listen. 
Work in My strength, 
for My purpose, for My pleasure, to My glory.

Jesus said:

"Come to Me
all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

"Peace I leave with you;
My peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives so I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27


When I find my rest in Him, 
I find that I rest in peace.
A peace that really is out of this world.

Comments

Popular Posts