Salekhard 404

God’s ways are not our ways.

When Andrew first started looking at fights
our plan was to leave May 14, Deborah’s birthday.
I wished we could leave a day earlier.
I wanted to spend her birthday with her.
When tickets were cheaper if we left May 13 I was excited!
We would be in Russia on her birthday!
We arrived in Moscow on the 14th,
with plenty of time to fly to Salekhard and arrive that evening.
But the first flight to Salekhard after our arrival wasn’t until May 15.
So close, yet so far.

We fly out of Moscow June 10.
My birthday is June 9.
I thought I would be spending it with Deborah.
The original problem is reversed.
Our flight out of Salekhard is at 10:00 AM the day before. 
It is a 3 hour flight, and we gain 2 hours.
We will arrive an hour after we leave, time wise.
My tummy will say lunch, the clock, brunch. 
Bre has promised to buy me anything and everything I want 
at Burger King in the airport. I may ask for Cinnabon as well.

We made plans to celebrate my birthday as a family tonight.
David received a phone call this morning.
A family is coming in on the train.
He will spend a few hours, at least, this evening meeting them. 
I thought that would be the extent of the stretching for me.
I was wrong. I will have to do more than share his time.
Their car is here at the house.
I thought I would meet them and then they would go home.
They may spend part of the evening here.
He will also need to drive them home.

I am selfish.
I don’t want to share my last evening.
I kind of threw a mental tantrum this morning.
As I stomped my feet and shook my fist, I remembered:
God is not surprised by their arrival today. He has a plan.
So I asked some people to pray for my attitude.
Then I had a choice-
trust that He will work it out,
or pout because I was not getting my own way.
It may end up being one of the highlights of the trip.

If I let it be.

Postscript: 
The family was tired after traveling. They had David take them directly to where they were spending the night. Another case of being tempted to worry over something that didn't happen, which would have led to allowing satan to steal my joy


Comments

Popular Posts