Cleveland Caveliers tears


tears streak my face
as I sit and watch the Cleveland Cavaliers play
not because they are playing poorly, 
(that would have been game 2 in this series)
but because they are playing in game 6 of the NBA finals
in my mind's eye I can see Bill standing, unable to sit, as he cheered them on
always a loyal fan, always believing they could win

he felt betrayed when LeBron went to the Miami Heat in 2010
he was very excited July 12, 2014 when LeBron signed to return to Cleveland 
Bill had high hopes that with LeBron back 
he would get to watch the Cavs compete for a championship again
and they did compete in the finals of the 2014/2015 season 
but Bill wasn't here to watch
and they lost to the Golden State Warriors in six games

here they are a year later
playing Golden State again
our team was not looking good early in this series
after game 4 we were down three games to one
if Golden State won game 5 we were done
Cleveland came out playing to win these last two games
and they have forced the series to a game 7

Golden State

Cavaliers
89
Game 1
Final

Warriors
104
Golden State

Cavaliers
77
Game 2
Final

Warriors
110
Cleveland

Warriors
90
Game 3
Final

Cavaliers
120
Golden State

Warriors
108
Game 4
Final

Cavaliers
97
Cleveland

Cavaliers
112
Game 5
Final

Warriors
97
Cleveland 

Warriors
101
Game 6
Final

Cavaliers
115
I don't think many expected a game 7 after games 1, 2&4
but I know without a shadow of a doubt
if Bill were still here he would have believed Cleveland could come back
and so in honor of him
I have watched most of the last two games, cheering in his place
and Sunday night I will be cheering and hoping for victory tears
I sure do miss my consistent, loyal, steady husband


Cavaliers
Game 7
8:00 PM

Warriors

Comments

Popular Posts