when weariness is bone marrow deep

sometimes
weary
tired
worn out
goes much deeper than physically not being rested
it seeps down into what feels like the very marrow of my bones 
Fridays
there is one every week 
29th 
there is one every month, except February's that are not Leap Years
are not things I consciously dread 
or even think about as possibly being an issue
but I have learned 
when I am having "one of THOSE days"
and there is no reason to be exhausted all over
or if weariness overwhelms me all of a sudden
the first thing I need to do is stop 
if it is a Friday
if it is the 29th
I breathe easier 
knowing my body is simply reacting to trauma stored in my subconscious
and 9 out of 10 times
the next day will be surprisingly lighter

my conscious defense is two-fold:
I don't allow myself to wallow and take the chance of becoming bitter
and I take Jesus up on His invitation...

“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, 
and I will give you rest. 
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, 
for I am gentle and humble in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

Popular Posts