Hit By A Mack Truck


Do you ever feel like that?

Like you were hit by a Mack Truck similar to the one pictured.
And maybe it backed up for good measure.

I used to think there were only two things that would cause that feeling:
Mastitis
Flu

The last six months have taught me different.

I am beyond the age for mastitis and have escaped the flu bug,
but grieving has induced that sensation.

It was warm and sunny, a perfect opportunity to shop in Huntington.
I was having a wonderful time, found some fun stuff.
A trip to Gabriel Brothers was my next to last stop.

I was in search of Spring Wreaths for my exterior doors.
Enjoying meandering.
I turned a corner and there they were-
Memorial Day Flowers.

There was no way to avoid the slow moving mental/emotional collision.
"I need Memorial Day Flowers for my husband's grave".
I don't want that on my To Do List.

Suddenly Gabriel Brothers became my last stop.
I traveled toward home with tears streaming down my face.

My throat is sore from the primal screaming I did as I drove.

I cried in Bre's arms-again.
I did not snot in her hair this time, so that is a plus.
I ate one of her tasty homemade chicken nuggets-another positive.

I know there are more Macks in my future.
Grieving is hard on the body.

I am glad I don't face it alone.


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our affliction,
so that we may be able to comfort those who are in affliction,
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts