from slavery to freedom


My heart is burdened.

Slavery is real.

I have been a slave.

I know people who are enslaved today.

Sometimes the tentacles of slavery reach out to entangle me still.


Unrealistic expectations
of ourselves
of others
of God
of situations

Addictions
to work(s)
to play
to the things we put into our body
to the things we allow into our mind

Fears
real
imagined
realized
death 
life

Sin

All of these are labor intensive.
All of them are heavy loads.
All of them are weary-ing.
I know where freedom is found.
I want others to know the freedom I now live in.



"Come to Me, (Jesus) 
all who labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest. 
Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, 
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. 
For My yoke is easy, 
and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30
"For freedom Christ has set us free; 
stand firm therefore, 
and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery."
Galatians 5:1

Comments

Popular Posts