rainydays



This is what it sounded like yesterday as I sat on the deck.
I enjoy watching and listening to the rain
so I thought it was a beautiful day.

Not once did I hear 
"Are you sure this is the direction  you want my life to go?"
as the raindrops fell to the ground.

I also never heard
"Why do I have to stop here?"
from those caught on branches.

Rather, 
I watched the drops whose path was "interrupted",
hold on tight to where they were, 
reflecting the sun 
until they were released.

It was a beautiful picture of life;
we are not where we started,
but we also are not where we will end up.

There is value and joy in trusting the Creator,
as we travel the path He has us on-
sometimes it means a free fall,
sometimes it means holding on,
always, beauty occurs when we reflect the Son.

Comments

Popular Posts