doing the hard things pays off

doing the hard things usually pays off
saving now so you can play later
sticking to an exercise plan
committing to study
honoring your promises through "better or worse"
going the second mile
fulfilling dreams that time ran out on

last May when Bill and I came to Panama City Beach 
he said  "This is where I want to bring the kids on vacation."
after we got home I began an online search
we were beginning to make the dream a reality
but a nightmare beat out the dream-he died, suddenly, unexpectedly 

Christmas 2014 I talked to the kids 
they voted unanimously that they wanted to go
and so, I began an earnest quest in January
finding a place for 22 (now 23) people, on the beach, on a budget-
yeah, that's hard work

knowing this is something he longed to do for years
that this is the last thing Bill and I planned on doing for our kids
is a force that drove me 
and a force that caused me to drag my feet
because it is hard to say goodbye

in October I found a house that fit my qualifications
I made the commitment, 
paid the deposit, made arrangements for the final payment
we met in Chattanooga and stayed Friday night
we got up and left before 9 this morning
even with stops, we made it to our house early this evening
I gave the code to the house to Kyle and took Xavier straight to the beach


most definitely, doing the hard thing was worth it













Comments

Popular Posts