"it isn't fair" at Christmas (or any time)

"it isn't fair"
has anyone else discovered
that this thing called life rarely is fair
and can anyone join me in saying; 
"I am thankful it isn't"

I have been the recipient of lavish
love
grace
mercy
pardon
kindness
forgiveness
compassion
redemption
reconciliation


God, it just isn't fair.
You sent Your One and Only Son from heaven to earth.
And we did not treat Him well.

"He was despised and rejected by men;
    a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
    He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.
Surely He has borne our griefs
    and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed Him stricken,
    smitten by God, and afflicted.
But He was pierced for our transgressions;
    He was crushed for our iniquities;
upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
    and with His wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
    we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on Him
    the iniquity of us all."
Isaiah 53:3-6

Thank you, God, that You are not fair.

Please, enable me to not be fair in the way I live.

"If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.  For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." 
John 13:14-16
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” 
John 13:34-35
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. You know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." 
John 14:15-17



Comments

Popular Posts