my life


In light of eternity
life on earth is short
regardless of how long it is or is not.
I am responsible 
for the choices I make every day about everyday things.

My goal is to focus on loving and accurately reflecting Christ
by seeking to walk daily in obedience
by faith
in hope
trusting His faithfulness

so that I can, 
as a result of His work in me,
invest in others
laugh with, not at
engage, not ignore
mourn with rather than avoid
pray for rather than talk about

taste the goodness of life 
smell the change of seasons
listen to the wind make music
notice the sun playing peek-a-boo with the clouds
watch a sunset unfold as night tucks away the light of day. 

I want to fully embrace what each day holds,
knowing that the One who holds each day is eternal,
every day my everyday choices reflect my focus,
what I do in life preaches louder than the words I speak,
*what I go after here determines where I go hereafter.*
*I wish I could remember who I first heard these wise words from. 

"I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
    I have no good apart from You.”
"You make known to me the path of life;
    in Your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:2&11


Comments

Popular Posts