burdens and blessings




I have a journal that I write in every night, 
usually only a line or two,
 recording a blessing from my day.

I had by passed blogging tonight.
Words in a coherent order would not come,
only random snippets.

Sometimes it is hard to walk by faith
when feelings are screaming and throwing a tantrum,
demanding attention.

Tonight my feelings are on steroids
or something,
and I couldn't identify them.

Until I wrote in my journal.
It just so happens it was the last line on the page
and at the bottom of every page is a verse.


Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and He will sustain you;
He will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:22

This was the verse on the bottom of this page on this day.
When I read it I recognized clearly what I am feeling-burdened. 
My heart sighed a sigh of relief.
I know what to do with my burdens.
I take them to Jesus.
Even the ones I feel pressing down on me but cannot name.
What a blessing to have a burden bearer to run to.

"Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

Popular Posts