preparing a place called home



Isn't this a beautiful sight!

What? All you see is a mess of shoes? 
Ahhh, the difference is I love the soccer guys whose feet go in those shoes. I prepared yesterday and today for them to come to share my home and dinner with me tonight.

This sight makes my heart smile.




Speaking of preparing,
the kids I birthed who live in the USA are coming in this week for KCU homecoming. Yesterday I went grocery shopping. This isn't enough, but it is a start. We won't starve.


The other day, as I walked through the house and realized how big it is when only one person is here, I wondered if I should consider selling it and getting something smaller. 

Then I look at these pictures. 
I think about the pure joy, sense of purpose, energy and contentment that fills my heart preparing to share life with others here.  A smaller place would mean that fewer people would have a place to come home to. 
Therefore, downsizing, at this point, is not a viable option.

Tonight, this song was going to be my post because of the truth it speaks.



As I listened to it over and over again, this scripture came to mind:

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me. 
In My Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” 
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. 
How can we know the way?” 
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through Me."
John 14:1-6

Every single time I read this passage I feel my heart sing and begin to beat faster. To know that Jesus is preparing a place for me is exciting stuff! The guys were excited to be here eating baked spaghetti, salad and rice krispy treats this evening. But I was more excited to share what I had prepared. My kids are excited to be coming home this week. I am more excited to know I have a place to prepare for them to come home to. 
I wonder if Jesus is as excited to be preparing a place for all who are His
as I am about preparing my place for all of my kids to come home to?

Comments

Popular Posts