bearing one another's burden

 "Don't cry over spilled milk"
I get it.
Some things happen and you can't do anything except clean up the aftermath.

is it okay to cry over an emptied 13 gallon kitchen trash can?
Monday night I put the the garbage in front of the house for early Tuesday morning pickup. Not a big deal. Not my favorite job, but it is part of being a homeowner. And I do it every week. Except when I am out of town. And this week.

Last week I read Galatians 6 about "bearing one another's burdens" and "each one carrying their own load". I was convicted because I am often too prideful or too oblivious to acknowledge when I am struggling and need help. Normally Monday night trash is my load to bear, but because I tweaked my back yesterday, even though I am feeling 100% better today, I knew better than to lift and pull. Instead I humbled myself and texted one of my soccer guys this morning.

He brought two of the others with him after dinner. They visited for a few minutes, played with the dogs and took care of my burden. And that is why I am wondering if it's okay to cry over an empty 13 gallon trash can. 
I am so loved, it overwhelms me sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts