opposite day

after the emotional storms of yesterday,
I did not take the calm, sweetness of today for granted,
but thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated it

watching soccer practice in front of me on a perfect fall afternoon 
 a fire at my feet and a friend beside me this evening at her house
a canopy full of stars over me tonight

a heart and soul at rest within me to end the day

it's easy to trust and thank God on days like today

If reading the emotional roller coaster that comes with loss and grief makes your head spin, imagine living it. Acknowledging the feelings and doubts privately, then sharing many of them and the struggles they bring, publicly. Not because I am fearless, or strong-I am far from it! Nor do I want accolades or recognition. 
I write for several reasons:
1. it is cheap therapy for me
2.  I don't want anyone to feel like they are the only one experiencing craziness
3. I am compelled to share the source of my hope and my joy and my strength

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
2 Corinthians 2:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts