just above the clouds

 



cloudy days sometimes lie to us
and tell us the sun will never shine again
the truth is, 
even on overcast or stormy days,
when we can't see it,
the sun is there-
it's just above the clouds

in the midst of every situation I face,
even when I can't see Him clearly
and the enemy whispers or shouts lies to the contrary
He is always with me
because I am His child and He is a good Father

that truth dispels despair
it serves as the fuel for
my hope  
my joy 
my comfort 
and my strength
God's faithfulness never ceases nor does it fail

Remember my affliction and my wanderings,
    the wormwood and the gall!
My soul continually remembers it
    and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind,
    and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
    great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in Him.” 
English Standard Version

The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. 
I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. 
Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! 
His mercies never cease. 
Great is His faithfulness; 
His mercies begin afresh each morning. 
I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!" 
New Living Translation



Comments

  1. I just wanted to tell you how much your insights mean to me! Hope that you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie for reading and for your encouragement.

      Delete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts