the heavens speak

The other evening as I drove home from Jonathan and Jess' I was captivated by what was being communicated, without a word being spoken. I stopped and took pictures as I chased the sunset colors-and oh what a range and depth I was treated to.
 
  blues and pinks

light yellow and oranges





 different intensities of blues and grays










deeper pink with a golden yellow kissed horizon

As I pulled off the interstate into Grayson a red light was totally appropriate.
I sensed God saying, 
"I'm not done. I want you to stop and enjoy this gift I'm giving you."                        
dusty rose and deep gray
                   "The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
    The skies display His craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak;
    night after night they make Him known.
They speak without a sound or word;
    their voice is never heard.
Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
    and their words to all the world...
The sun rises at one end of the heavens
    and follows its course to the other end."  
from Psalm 19:1-6 NLT       

sunrise pictures from our vacation at the lakehouse... 
more examples of majesty and beauty and the glory of God spoken without a word



Our God is a good, good God.
From the rising to the setting of the sun,
and throughout the night as well,
the heavens make Him known.
We need but slow down, stop, look and listen to hear their truth.

Comments

Popular Posts