some days I need help to speak no evil

 

do you ever have moments when you know saying nothing is the best answer?

I'm not talking about giving someone the silent treatment

I'm talking about times when you know your mind and heart are not in a good place to respond to a question or a situation correctly 

this morning I prayed something I used to pray every day

"Lord, set a guard over my mouth"

because sometimes I can just feel it,

if I don't have that guard I'm going to have lots to repent of at the end of the day

tonight I am thanking Him for the strong guard He provided,

because it allows me to end the day successfully following good advice:

*speak no evil*

*if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all*

and the best, from Ephesians 4:29-32

 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

I definitely have some thoughts I need to talk to Jesus about and some attitudes I need to allow Him to deal with in me, but I don't have any apologies to make or crow to eat tomorrow because of anything I said today. That's a win folks. 

Comments

Popular Posts