Another deposit in the Tear Bank

That check I received 9 days ago with a wrong initial was a life insurance check.
Today I discovered that depositing that check 
was exponentially more painful 
than the anger I experienced when opening it.
I put it in the fireproof box for safety.
Out of sight does not mean out of mind.
It was time to deposit it.
"No big deal"
"I will go to the main bank because I don't know those cashiers."
"It will be easier. It won't be personal."
"It is just another deposit."

I was so very wrong.

When I entered the bank there was a line and I knew the two ladies working.
The line was moving very slow.
I fought the urge to leave.
I tried to swallow down the tears.
I knew I had to make the deposit.
I stepped out of line and the dam broke before I made it to the car.
I texted Andrew, he came and we went in together.
I made it to the teller.
She had to get the check initialed.
I had to check out of the bank again.
Andrew finished the deposit for me.

I would much rather have the life than the check.


From the hymn 
Does Jesus care?
Does Jesus care when I’ve said “goodbye”
To the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks,
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?

refrain:
Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.
I am thankful for God's love.

Comments

Popular Posts