Friday Cryday

Today I decided to rename Friday Cryday.
Based on my meltdown from 2:50-3:15 PM
I figured I was in big trouble this evening.
I thought I had at least part of this grief thing figured out,
because it is guaranteed that Friday 6-7 PM is the hardest part of my week.

 I went to soccer practice,
cried in the trainer's office,
went out to practice with tears 
and asked coach if we could just skip Fridays.

When it started to rain I thought  "how fitting."

Then, in the midst of the storm clouds and intermittent showers
God sent me a reminder.




"I AM FAITHFUL, I KEEP MY PROMISES."
(You can't see it in this picture, but there was actually a double rainbow.)

 A family I love very much lost someone this evening.
I was praying.
I was remembering.
I was grieving my loss.
I was grieving their loss






Deborah came from the front door into the family room and said 
"it is raining the lightest rain I have ever seen."
I went onto the back porch to search
-daring to hope-
this is part of what I saw;
a full, double, beautiful rainbow.




one afternoon
two full, vivid, rainbows
with a double rainbow shadowing each.

I cannot doubt that 
God sees
God cares
God knows
God loves me
God strengthens
and I rejoice that I am learning and living more deeply than ever what Paul prays in
Ephesians 3:14-21

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, ... that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

Comments

  1. Miss Donnette,

    I am not sure why exactly but you were on my heart so heavily yesterday. I even had a dream about you last night. In my dream we were spending the day together and you were showing me places you always loved. You were still grieving but you were also very joyful. It was almost as if you were floating and poised with such grace, almost as if an angle was carrying you every step. I woke up thinking about it and how strange it was but then I thought, that's not strange. It's perfectly fitting.

    I cannot begin to image your pain or your grief. All I can say is that three years after losing my dad and then a few weeks later, my beloved and only grandfather, I still grieve. I still feel the sting but I also feel God's comfort stronger than ever.

    Thanks for having the courage to share. You're loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Amy for sharing your lovely dream and your kind and encouraging words. We serve an amazing God. You too are loved.

      Delete

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to share

Popular Posts