moments

Moment:
 1.     an indefinitely short period of time; instant:
I'll be with you in a moment.
2.
the present time or any other particular time 
(usually preceded by the)
He is busy at the moment

It is difficult to believe 
that it has been eight weeks ago
that in the matter of a few moments
my life was changed forever.

In the moments after I walked out of Bill's hospital room, 
as they were beginning to use the crash cart-
there was a "code" and the need for another crash cart
on a different floor of the hospital.
I prayed for that person and for the family.
I do not know what the outcome was.

In the moments after the other code
as they continued to work on Bill,
there was music played over the intercom-
a baby girl was born.
I prayed then, and have since, for that little girl and her family.

Life is made up of moments-
I am learning to enjoy the good moments
I am learning to endure the painful moments
I am learning that  neither kind of moment will last forever.
I am learning to be thankful for moments.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:17-18




Comments

Popular Posts