change is inevitable


I am learning a lot through this grief process:

I can ask for help

Bill's  dog in the backyard is comforting, not annoying

opening mail can reduce me to a blubbering mess

having the wrong initial on a check provokes strong anger

somedays simply getting through the day is exhausting

Though Bill is not here, he is still, in part, taking care of me:
he put things in place to make sure
I would be able to continue living
in the manner we chose to live,
and he lived his life in such a way
that people are eager to help make sure that happens.

there are people I trust implicitly because Bill trusted them

God is not limited by my imagination 
of how to provide what I need when I need it.

there are shoulders I can cry on 

there are hands for me to hold

there are arms I can run to


You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;
you are my God; I will extol you.
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 118:28-28

Comments

Popular Posts